With detailed charts, specifications, diagrams, and digital information for planning and executing projects of every scale, this accessible reference explores these vital design topics:
- Fundamentals: Provides a step-by-step overview of an interior project, describing the scope of professional services, the project schedule, and the design and presentation tools used by designers.
- Space: Examines ways of composing rooms as spatial environments while speaking to functional and life-safety concerns.
- Surface: Identifies options in color, material, texture, and pattern, while addressing maintenance and performance issues.
- Environments: Looks at aspects of interior design that help create a specific mood or character, such as natural and artificial lighting, sound, and smell.
- Elements: Describes the selection and specification of furniture and fixtures, as well as other components essential to an interior environment, such as artwork and accessories.
- Resources: Gathers a wealth of useful data, from sustainability guidelines to online sources for interiors-related research.